I was talking to a friend who went through the program with me. She is in a different school district and her short day is Friday. I was telling her how much I LOVE short days on Wednesday. She told me she loves sending the kids away on Friday. But, if your short day is on Friday you've got to hang out until the contract time is over. The way mine works, I only have to hang out until all the kids leave on Friday. But, a short day on Wednesday is like a break. I love the fact that I can be having a horrible week and then it is Wednesday the kids leave early it is like a fresh start when they come back on Thursday. Then two days later is the weekend and it is another fresh start. It gives me the added boost I need every week.
Yesterday my district mentor came in. It was so good to see her. She comes in once a week and sometimes it isn't enough. I love having that little extra support once a week. She sat in my lesson on continents which was really the kids sharing things they had found out on all the different continents. Then the two of us talked for about a half and hour. I needed it a ton. There is just so much going on in my classroom, and life right now, I just need that boost.
The fun thing, in math yesterday we were getting ready for the test today. And I played my review game. I divide the class into six groups and I give them a math problem and then they race to see who can answer first etc. The winning team got a treat yesterday. While we were playing the principal came in to talk to one of the boys in my class. After he was finished he just sat in for a second and watched what was happening. The whole time the resource teacher and I were just sitting in the back laughing at how the kids set it up. One problem I did was 22x2x0. . . one kid started on the 22x2 and was going to do the 0 later. . . some of the kids got it quickly the answer is 0. It was a fun activity and it works so well with them all.
Now, I've got to get that planning finished before I can play tonight. I love Wednesdays!
1 comment:
That math problem is a funny one!
Post a Comment