Friday, January 2, 2009

My Break by Allison Duncan

Well, it's the last few days of my much needed, and much appreciated break. I've been pretty lazy and I have enjoyed ever minute of it. I did have a crazy moment on Monday, the 29th, when I thought I wanted to go back. I was bored and needed something to do that day.
I went home on the 24th and played with my nephews, brother and sister-in-law. Just hung out watched movies. I got the chance to play Santa. That was fun, and different for me.
Christmas day, we just hung out at my mom's house for the day. Apparently the whole state of Utah got snow that whole day, except Centerville. The snow didn't fall until that night. But, that storm was wonderful. It was fun to have a white Christmas. It was also fun just to hangout with the family and play games.
The 26th is when EVERYONE came and we had Christmas. My sister Shauna and her family braved the road conditions and got to Centerville in only 4 hours and 30 minutes (from Blackfoot it is usually a 2 hour 30 minute to 3 hour drive.) We had dinner then gathered in my mom's really small living room for presents. It is always nice, cozy, loud, and fun when we do that. My sister Jen had me for Christmas (we do a rotation) she was so excited for my present. We were sitting next to each other and she kept telling me how excited she was. "I saw it and knew it was for you. When I took it home and showed it to Mike he said, 'That is Allison's gift.'" This is what I got:

When I first saw it I thought it contained the six major novels, then I noticed it was too small. It is a commentary on all the books, and there are also velum envelopes with "stuffs" in it. Pictures for earlier editions of books, edits, pictures of Jane, Juvenilla writings. I read it in two days. The rest of the night we just hung around and talked.
The rest of the break has been pretty uneventful. On News Years Eve I went to my stake's party. Ran the obstacle course and danced. I have great roommates and great friends that make those events so much more fun than anything else. We act like dorks and don't care what anyone things about us.
I honestly am ready to do something again. I've enjoyed the break but I am ready to go back. I feel nice and rested. It is just tome to get back to normal.

No comments: