Today has been a rough day. I usually love Sundays, but every so often Heavenly Father feels that it is the day I need to grow, stretch and learn. And today just happened to be one of those days. I don't really want to get into details, because when I talk about it I feel that it is just stupid and I shouldn't care. As my bishop told me today, "I think you are frustrated with the fact that you are frustrated." Which is absolutely true. There is something in my life that I want, and I can't have it. I have no control over ever getting it and it is frustrating me. However, I know I shouldn't be frustrated about it, because if I am it doesn't do me any good. So, here I am. It is a vicious circle.
While I was talking to a friend about what is going on, she just told me I can't lose hope. I think she hit it right on. I am losing hope. If I lose hope I lose faith. And then I am not patient in the things that I am waiting for. So, the question is what do you do while you are waiting? I have a few ambitions I think I am going to dust off. I'm going to write a book, get a better camera and learn to take amazing pictures, endure well, find my hope and faith. Be happy in the situation I am in. Trust in the Lord, "For he will fulfill all his promises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers." (Alma 37:17) I will be the best teacher I can be. I will fulfill my calling to the best of my abilities. I will be upbeat and positive. I will take this situation in my life and learn from it and move forward.
I think that is all I can do. I know that everything will work out for my good.
2 comments:
Dont worry! We had a blast. How are you doing? Is there anything that I can do for you? We should totally do lunch sometime before you go back to school. Let me know when you can.
I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated. Just know that whatever you are feeling isn't stupid. We all have our different struggles, and though you think they may seem stupid to other people, the Lord doesn't think so. And that is all that matters, right? He is watching out for you, He wants you to be happy. All you can do is keep your promises to him and in the mean-time, enjoy your life as best you can. From what I can tell, you are doing that! Love ya.
Post a Comment