So, yesterday I went to Provo. I know that doesn't seem like the most likely place for me to head on a Thursday morning. But, two of my really good friends live down there. And one of them I haven't seen forever. So, to Provo I went. I left at 10:15 forgetting that rush hour was over and I would make it in good time. I didn't need to be there until 12. I got to Provo around 11:30. I know my friend wouldn't have minded me being there a few minutes early, but she was working from her home and didn't need me there bugging and looking for entertainment. So, I waited patiently at Barnes and Noble, just thinking I wanted to buy somethings. I found a book on the Ancient Civilizations that I think would have been nice to have in my classroom, and Praxis study book. Then I decided, no. So I headed to my friend's apartment on the south side of campus. It was nice to see her and catch up on all the things that were going on. I kind of miss that friendship and I decided I need to call her once a week from now until forever, just to let her know I am thinking about her and I care about her. We went out to lunch and just talked. It nice to do that with someone who has known the best and worst parts of me, from Jr. High to College.
My other friend lives in the Italian House. I have to say my mind is still going in circles from that experience. For two hours it was almost straight Italian. This morning I woke up saying phrases that made absolutely no sense to me. I don't know if it was Italian but it very well could have been. I couldn't really talk to everyone there, well, I guess I could have in English, only to be answered in Italian. And actually I think they would have answered in English, but I was a little shy to even try. It is okay. The whole experience in the house is practice for them. So, I won't worry about it. Dinner was amazing though. I felt very spoiled.
As I was sitting around thinking, because I got a lot of time to think, I thought about how much I missed out. I spent so much time worried about getting through the program, and where I would get a job, that I think I missed a lot of social experiences. I decided I would make the most out of what I get around here. It isn't much but someday it will be gone forever.
My favorite part of the night was charging my credit card for two tickets to see John Mayer on July 21, with my Italian speaking friend. That is all I really want to do in the next two weeks, and now I am going. Hooray! I am so excited. It gives me something positive to look forward to.
I have to be back in school in a month. It is going too fast. I haven't enjoyed my summer like I should have. And now I am starting to think about things I can do for school. Oh, well, I have a month. I should just enjoy and not think.
No comments:
Post a Comment