Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?

Yes, I know. I have been asked millions of times since school got out (and before):
"What are you doing this summer?"
"How is your summer going?"
"You have the life, you get three months off and get paid."
Yea, it is kind of nice. But, I do a lot of work for 9 months of my time. I deserve to have the time off. However, I've been out of school for two weeks, and I am starting to go crazy. Here is the Top 10 List of how I spend my days:
10. Sleep in until 11 a.m. (my internal clock keeps waking me up around 6, maybe I should get up then.)
9. Shop, eat, shop, and watch movies. (This was really my day today.)
8. In 24 hours plan and take trip to Park City to. . . shop.
7. Waste $4.00 a gallon gas to get rid of boredom.
6. Play computer, check e-mail, check updates on blogs, and win Zuma.
5. Go to bed at midnight.
4. Talk on the phone use more minutes than I have in three months, put together.
3. Worry about school.
2. Dream about school.
1. Get ready for three week trip.
I know a lot of you are reading this and saying, "What does she have to complain about, that sounds wonderful to me?"
It is wonderful, for three days. Then it gets old. Just like anything else. You can only take so much of a good thing.
However, I need to remember this may be my only chance to enjoy a summer like this. I need to enjoy it and not worry about it and what is going to happen. I just need to stop looking ahead of myself and start enjoying the moments. Like this morning, I had left my window open last night. It started to rain, my room was cold, and I was loving it. I just laid in my warm bed, daydreaming, and happy. The other thing. My mom is taking care of my niece this week. My mom works from home and my niece will have to be very quiet so my mom can work. I offered to take my niece on Friday so my mom won't have to worry about it for two whole days. I couldn't do that if my situation were different. So, I have resolved, from now on I will be happy about the summer and what I am able to do.
I am not sure if I will write before my trip. If I do great, if I don't I will write when I get back. And I will post pictures for everyone to see.

No comments: