Friday, December 17, 2010

Hey! So transfers happened on Wednesday. Sister R, my new companion, came to the area on Thursday. She is from Brigham City and is very focused on the work. She has had a great amount of success in the year and 3 months she has been out. I needed some one with her drive. Hopefully things will start to pick up around here and we can start getting things done.

Nothing really happened this week, Sister P wanted to see everyone before she left so that is how we spent Monday, and Sunday. . . Tuesday was P-day. Wednesday I was in for exchange. I really like Sister J. I don't think I could be companions with her for a long time but she is a great missionary and is fun to be around. We had an interesting experience. We were tracting before 8 and we were let into a house. The family was very nice and VERY Catholic. While we were there the husband started asking what we were expecting to do there. We started to tell him a little bit and he got very argumentative and everything Sister Johnston said he just shot it down, and everything I tried to say he shot down too. Then I thought of the advice B gave me many times. And I testified to him of Christ. I felt the spirit and I know he felt it too. He stopped arguing with me and Sister J. We left the house shortly after that. Thursday Sister Ream and I got to work in this area. Friday the same thing just preaching the gospel. Saturday was pretty fun and busy.

Anyway, that is about all for the week. Nothing too exciting. Just trying to work hard and serve the Lord. I am excited to speak to everyone on Christmas.

This scripture has been bouncing around in my head for a few days, 2 Nephi 19:6 "Unto us a child is given and he shall be called Wonderful, Counseler, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Remember as we go through this season that Christ is the reason for the season. Because he was born he could die and rise again so that we may see God.

Love you!
Sister D

No comments: